Monday, October 26, 2009

Zadin




Date & Time: Wednesday, July 8, 2009 @ 7:30pm
Company: My birthday guests!
Crowd: Funky Castro crowd + eager gluten-free diners!
Decor: Modern and polished
Service: Beyond sweet and accommodating; VERY knowledgeable about all things gluten-free
Devour: Cha Gio Imperial Rolls (shrimp, pork, glass noodles, wood ear mushrooms, taro, jicama, carrots and shallots wrapped in rice paper) and Pho Ap Chao Pan Fried Pho Noodles (shrimp, chicken and mixed vegetables served on wedges of pan-fried Pho noodles)

I’m truly embarrassed that I have not written a review for this fabulous restaurant sooner. Zadin is one of VERY FEW restaurants in San Francisco that actually promotes its gluten-friendly menu. Gluten-free items are marked with a “GF.”

Zadin offers authentic Vietnamese cuisine in a modern setting. The restaurant, with modern light fixtures and funky art, has a clean and polished look to it. I chose to eat at Zadin for my 25th birthday and, for once, be able to order appetizers for the entire group to eat. We started out with the Imperial Rolls, which were flavorful and absolutely delectable. For my main course, I ordered the Pan Fried Noodles – the pho noodles are formed into a cake-like square and pan-fried, producing a crispy texture complimented with a meaty sauce.

The reality of Celiac Disease is that I often find myself telling chefs to remove all flavor in order to feel safe that my meal will actually be gluten-free. At Zadin, most of the complex, flavorful dishes are naturally gluten-free and the restaurant has come to specifically target gluten-free diners. Show your support and dine at Zadin!

Zadin
4039 18th Street
San Francisco, CA 94114
415.626.2260




No comments:

Post a Comment