Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pane e Vino



Date & Time: Monday, March 23, 2009 @ 8:45pm
Company: Steve
Crowd: Local Cow-Hollow crowd, with a combination of first-dates and neighborhood regulars (who tend to be older)
Decor: Very casual and cozy with white linen tablecloths; old world charm
Service: Always friendly, accommodating & welcoming
Devour: Brown rice penne with rock shrimp, asparagus and tomatoes

A pizza and pasta joint on my gluten-free list? Absolutely! Pane e Vino does not offer gluten-free pasta, but they are more than willing to cook it if you bring your own. Luckily, The Real Food Company has a store a few blocks down and you can easily swing by to pick up a bag of Tinkyada Rice Pasta
(which happens to be my favorite).

Pane e Vino has a separate menu of daily specials, which highlights fresh seasonal vegetables and new pasta/risotto/pizza combinations. I tend to order my pasta sauce/toppings off this menu because I have an affinity for "new" things, plus I come to this restaurant all the time so it's nice to switch it up. I am completely comfortable with Pane e Vino's kitchen staff as they always cook my pasta in a clean pot of water and alert me of any sauces which may contain vinegar. However, make sure to request the pasta "al dente" as brown rice pasta tends to cook quicker than normal pasta - I've only had to suffer through mushy pasta once. A great neighborhood staple!

http://www.paneevinotrattoria.com/
1715 Union Street
San Francisco, CA 94123
415.441.2111

No comments:

Post a Comment